- Tech Insights
Mark Lacy, founder, President, and CEO of Benchmark Research, has raised the bar in leadership and inspired his employees and peers in invaluable ways. He demonstrates purpose, focus, integrity, and innovation across the board. He is known amongst his company and industry peers as an industry leader and innovator in the field. The success of his company roots in his confidence to take risks and the determination to execute the highest level of excellence. Working under and alongside Mark and having him as a leader continues to be an incredible growing experience for all employees. Mark's ability to lead his employees to reach their potential and reach new heights within the research industry is unequaled. He is proficient in bringing together experts in the field and propelling them forward towards success. This ability has led Mark to create an impressive composition of employees with immense industry experience across the nation and has led us to have the ability to work together as one organism in unison.
The company’s knowledgeable investigators enthusiastically embrace clinical research, and the opportunities new therapies bring to the marketplace and patients. Their investigators are joyous that they get to be part of the process of advancing medicine and bringing new therapies to market, and to help patients. “It why they are so dedicated to their work and why they chose to be part of the Benchmark family because each one of us, down to the lowest level employees and the highest-level care about the work we are doing. Our research teams and our study volunteers are making a difference in the world,” says Mark.
"Benchmark Research entered the realm of vaccines when they were deemed less desirable in the industry and has successfully built the foundation of the research they do on vaccines."
Benchmark Research’s key differentiators include:• Vaccines are Benchmark's core business and remain a growing field of study in the industry.
• Prestigious & Distinguished Leadership Team - Only Site Network with two executives on “Top 50 Most Influential People in Vaccines” per Vaccine Nation's Global Survey
• Senior Leadership has a combined 250 years of experience, including a prior FDA.
• Investigator (COO) and a recognized vaccine expert with >35 years of vaccine development experience from the site, pharma, and CRO organizations
• Average leadership tenure is ten years (Senior Leadership/site directors)
• Benchmark has a well-established relationship with all the big vaccine companies and the CROs performing vaccine studies on behalf of their clients, large and small.
• Benchmark has been recognized for excellence by the World Vaccine Congress Vaccine.
• Industry Excellence more times than any other site or site network.
• Operation Warp Speed Leadership visited the first site network to plan the logistics of executing 30k subject COVID 19 Vaccine Efficacy Studies in the US.
• The first and only site network to deploy a Virtual/Remote CRC model to support OWS Vaccine.
Recently, Benchmark Research participated in the COVID-19 vaccine trials and continues to participate in these ongoing studies. “We were the first site network visited by Operation Warp Speed Leadership to plan the logistics of executing 30k subjects COVID-19 vaccine efficacy studies in the United States. All our sites we participated have been recognized by Pfizer for our high enrollment in these trials,” says Mark.
One of the biggest achievements is that Benchmark Research entered the realm of vaccines when they were deemed less desirable in the industry and has successfully built the foundation of the research they do on vaccines. Today, vaccine studies are highly sought after. Even so, they have diversified themselves to conduct a range of studies other than vaccines. Benchmark Research’s range of the types of studies being conducted is impressive and is one of the reasons why they are so successful.
Mark and his team plan to continue to do more studies covering a wide range of indications in all age groups. They encourage anyone to participate in a clinical study as they are helping advance medicine and keep the communities and future generations healthy. “Clinical research is necessary and every drug on the market has had a study done on it. We need our volunteers because they help us know what works and what doesn’t. Without them, medicine wouldn’t be successful, and we wouldn’t have such a vast variety of it today so easily accessible,” adds Mark. IE
Founder & CEO of Benchmark Research
Benchmark's superior team of motivated and focused investigators offers clinical trials experience in a wide range of therapeutic areas. Our knowledgeable investigators enthusiastically embrace clinical research and the opportunities that new therapies bring to the marketplace and patients. Dedication and experience aside, our investigators are also highly trained in GCP and FDA regulations.